The mission of the funding committee of the Women’s Society of Washington University is to support the educational, cultural and community outreach efforts that enhance the experiences and quality of life for members of the Washington University community. Typically, the committee awards 10 to 15 grants each fall, ranging from $300 to $2,000. The application deadline is November 1.
Generally, the committee is interested in projects that:
- Enhance and enrich the artistic, cultural and educational experience of the campus
- Reflect and respect the diversity of the university community
- Encourage and support community service and leadership opportunities among students
- Offer the potential for participation by significant numbers of people
The committee adheres to the following funding guidelines:
- Grants are generally for one year at a time and can be requested for a variety of uses, including start-up, capital or program expenses.
- Proposals must articulate clear goals and measurable outcomes.
- Projects must acknowledge the support of WSWU and are encouraged to offer opportunities for the involvement of WSWU members, when possible.
- Preference is given to projects for which need is demonstrated.
- Funding is not available to individuals or for activities that take place prior to the approval of the grant application.
All funding requests are due November 2.
Download the Project Request Form (.doc)
Download the Final Report Form (.doc)
For additional information or to submit forms, please contact:
Women’s Society of Washington University
Campus Box 1081
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63130-4899
Phone: (314) 935-7337
Fax: (314) 935-8747